Apply Here: Reel Video SEO – http://www.reelvideoseo.com
Forklift Operator Job Description
Shift: primary 2nd shift / covering some 1st shift
Monday – Rotating
Tuesday through Thursday – 4:30pm – finished
Friday – 4:30pm – 4:30am
The Forklift Operator is responsible for driving gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in a warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
* Duties may include any number of the following: Loading and unloading products in trailers.
* Distributing pallets of product from the palletizer to distribution trailers and staging areas.
* Stage materials for production.
* Move product & materials within facility (plant and/or cooler).
* Receive materials for warehouse storage
* Supplies packaging material, cartons and hulls to line as needed
* Maintain pallet supply for palletizer
* Rotate packaging and ingredients using FIFO (First In – First Out)
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Minimum 2 years recent experience operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment.
* Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift skills test
* Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for virtually the entire shift.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
* Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).